Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A New Direction

Well, well, well. It seems my last nail-biting blog entry was for naught. Who knew that the Dems would do as well as they did?

Sure, in my home state of Florepublican, it was not exactly a shock that Charlie Crist won the big governor race. Jim Davis barely advertised while Crist messages flooded the airwaves, streets and even downtown cityscape (illegally sometimes).

The new buzz phrase is "A New Direction." I think I almost caught W using it. Certainly, the White House's big decision to knock ole Rumsfield out of his position is proof that the voters' message was loud and clear Tuesday. The military effort in Iraq is not going well, and the Bush Administration is 100% responsible for that. The only way to make change happen is to get rid of the old players. The voters did it and finally, even the Prez had to address it. Not that anything is going wrong over in the Middle East - oh, heck no, it's all peaches and cream if you listened in on his Wednesday conference. (I had no choice since my 1 p.m. soap lost its airtime thanks to my buddy, George.) But the real truth behind the decision lies deep, deep, DEEP beneath the words we heard. And Rumsfield's departure is finally one wee bit of acknowledgement of that truth.

First, the people gave us the House. Then the Senate. And finally, the mandate of the people made one of the most stubborn, ineffective world leaders of all time finally remove a major decision-maker from a fiasco of a military operation that continues to put at risk the lives of our friends and our families.

Now, I finally know that I'm not alone. I'm ready for that new direction. Let's get rolling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home