Friday, April 27, 2007

Just What I Needed...Another Crossroads!

I'm torn.

If I had just studied to be an accountant or teacher, my next destination would be easy to plot. Aah, the woes of a communications major out of work and seeking that next big break.

Maybe it's time to determine the color of my parachute or celebrate the potential of escaping cubicle life altogether.

I should be happy. There really are a number of possibilities and directions I could go. And I'm still young. (Okay, youngish...younger than 40!)

I could do freelance writing. I could. Would require some steady self-discipline though, but I could do that.

I could seek the 8-5 marketing communications management route again. I've been down that road before - and done it well.

I could explore something completely different that capitalizes on my interpersonal and organization skills. Yep, that's a possibility. (Probably want to avoid "yep" in my cover letter.)

I could capitalize on my event planning and presentation background and seek a more visible role, something I haven't really been accustomed to these past two years as a cube-confined but cheery, efficient copywriter. I am an INFJ, so I'd have to work a bit on the I to ramp it up to an E. Or at least somewhere in between. (Maybe a G?)

So what do I do? I'm trying to remain open-minded, keep communication lines open to welcome opportunities to talk about available positions, regardless of the field. You just never know which door will be the right one, so why close any of them?

I do feel like a contestant on "Let's Make A Deal." And you know what? There might be great prizes behind all of the doors available, but I'm just so scared to pick the wrong one.

If I only had a clue which road to take next...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home