Monday, June 18, 2007

Fathers A Plenty And Forty Big Years

Sunday afternoon we had another very special Kuhn family gathering. Sure it was Father's Day and we had three very cool dads to celebrate. But the day marked another big occasion.


My folks' 40th wedding anniversary. (Everybody, awwwww...)

The group met up at nearby Remington's because, well, beef is just about everybody's favorite. Yep, this veggie didn't have your typical steakhouse fare but that veggie quesadilla sure was yummy. And who doesn't like a place where you can drop your peanut shells on the floor. Or just about anything else for that matter. I'm actually surprised Mom didn't try to tidy up the place. This is my kind of living but must have driven my Mom bonkers.

After a yummy meal, we headed back to our place and fortunately, Mom Cantos wanted to visit the ladies room before leaving, so it gave all of us the much-needed excuse to exit early and get everything ready for their entrance.

Kool n the Gang's "Celebration" cranked up in the background, the balloons and decorations set all around and everyone ready to honor the day's special dads and special couple this very sunny (and humid) Sunday afternoon in the Tampa suburbs.


We chatted about first dates and proposals as our soon to be newlyweds got pointers from the anniversary couple, opened gifts and enjoyed cake and each other's company.



And built incredibly intricate Lego architectural feats. (Okay, not really but I did make an interesting Human Tractor Trailer, wheels, flatbed and human head...where was my camera when I needed it!)


Interestingly enough, I just realized today after some seriously heavy math (I don't exactly use it much in my daily wordsmith profession)...we'll now have 1967, 1997 and 2007 anniversaries in our family, meaning we'll always celebrate milestones in the same year.

So when we turn 20, Mom and Dad celebrate 50 and Derek and Misty will reach 10. Pretty cool.

Wow. 2017. Now that's going to be an AWESOME year.
But I'm going to be 47. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home