Saturday, June 30, 2007

Kodachrome...They Give Us Those Nice Bright Colors...

I'm working on a special project...well, I will be for many months to come. I plan to scan in tons of old photos for my folks because years ago most of their photo albums got destroyed in flooding. (Long story, stupid reason, but gone nonetheless.)

Anyway, I thought it would be the ultimate Christmas present to take what I have at least and select some of the best photos of them before me that I have (not too many unfortunately) and many of my childhood photos and those of our family members and scan them in to build new photos albums. (They don't know about this of course and aren't online travellers, so mums the word if you happen to see them!)It will be quite the undertaking but I know it will be worth it in the end, not to mention I'll have so many great memories scanned onto my PC later.

Recently, I organized our 19 books of photos that Lar and I have taken since we've been together (August '94). That was a project - I had kept up until book 13 but the rest was just waiting for some fool to come through and sort the poor pics. And I was that crazy nut.

I did it because I'm also building some new photo collages for different rooms in the house while I work on my scanning projects, including one collage of the baseball parks Lar and I have visited so far and another of the European sites from my 1989 European humanities study tour.

That one will go in the "A Room with a View"/Italian art-themed guest room, of course! And the ballparks? Probably the baseball-themed fitness room - or at least just outside of it in the guest hallway.

I'm having a ball seeing all of these great memories...it's just amazing the fabulous gift ideas and home decor projects digital photography enables all of us to do now. Just amazing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home