Saturday, July 21, 2007

A New Course for the Kuhns

The place: MacDill Air Force Base.
The course: Bay Palms - South Course (aka the course with lots of water). Oy.

I've never had to present my driver's license, proof of insurance card and car registration just to get to the golf course. The men at the gate scared me. Am I on one of their lists? Do they have me flagged as a veggie-espousing, ACLU card-carrying, peace-preaching, animal rights activist liberal nut job? Not that this would be far off, but will they let me play golf here anyway???

This weekend, Team Lucky 13 who participated recently in an Apollo Beach Golf Tournament and placed - um, well, LAST - reunited for more serious golf action.

Larry and Josh...

Matt and I... We were ready to tackle those links. And they (and their infamous resident wildlife) were ready to tackle us.
The view was nice though the ominous weather wasn't.

After 5 holes, we were holed up in shelter with total strangers.


We waited it out and all looked perfect for the rest of the day.
Or so we thought...until fourteen when clouds now surrounded us everywhere overhead. This shot from Matt pretty much says it all.


We didn't actually get to finish the game, but we started and that's all that matters.

There's always next time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home