Thursday, October 25, 2007

Busy Chatting Away In Tampa Bay

Look who I got to interview yesterday...two very different men.

Longtime WFLA news anchor Bob Hite...

and Tampa Bay Bucs quarterback Jeff Garcia.

They were both nice but so different from each other. Okay, they had a few things in common - both could give long answers to questions. Sometimes, very long answers... But where Bob used inflection and storytelling, Jeff had a fairly consistent tone - serious but sincere - and didn't answer questions that he couldn't respond to. Bob answered everything. Well, sorta. Okay, sometimes he didn't actually answer the question I asked but he always gave me a long answer either way. Still, both guys were chatty and nice, so I can't complain.

Today, I chatted with Buccaneers Wide Receiver Ike Hilliard, and let me tell you:

that is one cool guy. Even if he is a stinkin' Gator! (I left out the part about my being a Nole alum.) I loved the way he answered questions. You knew that every answer was honest, candid and thoughtful. Very nice guy. Yep, I like Ike.

Tomorrow, I'm supposed to talk with the Bucs' defensive dynamo Barrett Ruud.
I didn't realize is leading the league in tackles. Cool. He's better and more popular than I realized. Good to know...

Anyway, look for my profile of Bob in December's Flair Magazine, in the Tampa Tribune first Sunday in December. And catch Jeff and Ike profiled in the third issue of Fanatical Access arriving at Tampa Bay area Verizon Dealers and Circuit City Verizon inside stores the Friday after Thanksgiving...so stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home