Monday, January 29, 2007

Feeling Good

I always cringed at the thought of working out regularly. Oh sure, I've done it in the past, during some of my old fitter days but now I actually look forward to it. Weird, huh?

And here's the really bizarre part. It's working.

Yep, I can tell already that my metabolism is revving up and heck, I'm over 35 so I'm not exactly prime material for that to happen. But this past week, I figured out that I ate out 7 times and while sometimes I made wise choices or brought half of the meal home for another time, I still consumed an enormous amount of calories several days last week. But I kept moving and I kept doing strength training exercises, which I'm starting to think is really key to the whole thing. And I already know (because I cheated and peeked on the scale a day early) that I've lost 4.5 more pounds this week... woo-hoo!

It's been a bizarre trip so far. This Tuesday marks completing my first 6 weeks. If this loss holds up, I'm a couple of pounds shy of 20. What's been so weird about this journey is that it hasn't been all that hard. Sure, I could go at a faster clip at the weight loss, but I've chosen to make this transition smoother and gentler so it becomes a part of my life and not just a fad for a few months, you know?

I'm having a ball trying to new exercises, new foods and doing new things. It's been a fun adventure so far and I can't wait to see what I tackle next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home