Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Getting Moving, Getting Positive

Yep, that's what I'm doing.

I'm happy to say that since my Dec. 24 entry when I laid down all of these things I was going to do or decisions I'd make, that I've actually taken some action. I termed them baby steps and they are really, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Let's see, what have I done so far in my quest to get healthier and more active:

  1. I've already started tracking - food, water, sleep, activity. You name it, it's in the journal. I'm finding that this new outlet is a great place for me to not only monitor how I'm doing to determine why I feel the way I do (good or bad) but to also be honest and voice my concerns, my weaknesses and not be judged. The journal's been great...and I've missed doing this since I used to journal all the time in my 20s.
  2. It seems our at-work Weight Watchers program will happen after all, and I will be participating in it. Supposedly, our first week will be some time in the next two weeks. I of course have not been waiting for anything to start. I've just been watching my calories and trying to walk more and watch late-night munchies, and those have been pretty successful so far.
  3. Though the challenge officially starts tomorrow, I've been keeping up with the little iVillage.com virtual community that will be also taking part in their weight-loss challenge together. I contribute where I feel I might have something of interest or importance to offer and I read the other people's comments. And it truly does reinforce that I am not alone even though sometimes I might feel like I am.
  4. While I'll admit I haven't returned to our community center gym or hopped on the treadmill just yet - planning to tomorrow for sure! - the good news is that I found the treadmill again! That's right, the so-called fitness room that has been buried by boxes, clutter, paperwork and presents has officially been freed! You can actually see the floor again and plans to move out of there the old PC and desk so we can perhaps add another piece of equipment - like a bike - are in motion! Woo-hoo! :) This is big progress. Believe me!
  5. Yep, I've got my before shot. I asked Lar to take one just like I mentioned in my Christmas Eve to do list. It's in my journal. And no, you are definitely not seeing it. Not yet anyway.

I still need to make the effort to see my general physician, probably have a physical and make sure that everything's cool to proceed with an aggressive exercise program. But I am ready to get set, get moving and get fit!

Lay it on me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home