Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Morning After

Have you recovered? From the holidays, I mean?
Me neither.

I really didn't want to go into work this morning. But this is one chick with no paid time off available. Certainly not on December 26.

Maybe it was the two parties we threw, the many family and friend visits and get-togethers since early November, the shopping, the traffic, the food planning-purchasing-preparing, decorating and more decorating...maybe it was the late Christmas get-together with present opening not underway until after 5:30.

Perhaps it was that bottle of Vampire brand white zinfadel that I drank. All afternoon. And evening. And finished by myself.

Whatever it is, I have struggled to focus all day. I have fought to stay awake and alert on other occasions. I have wrestled away my attention span from numerous distractions and easy-to-digest goofing off opportunities to do even a little work today.

Alas, I didn't win the battle. I don't have much to show for today.

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel better. Tomorrow is another day, right, Scarlett?

Sigh. I wanna go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home