Friday, April 10, 2009

Tiger, Tiger, We Need You!

Are you following? If you had told me ten years ago that I'd not only be watching golf on TV but enjoying it as well, I would have laughed in your face.

My hubby and I "found" golf the same way many religious peeps discover their higher calling in early 2007 and we've been hooked ever since. Granted, we're not that great and we don't get to hit the links quite as much as we'd like given the cost at this time of year and the fact that, well, we are currently a one-income household (not to mention, we're frugal folks, too!)

Currently, Americans Chad Campbell and Kenny Perry are tops on the leaderboard (I know, I know, for many of us - who??), but not to worry Tiger Woods is tied for 19th. Only a player like Tiger can stalk the leaderboard and move from 19th to 1st in just two days, so don't discount him yet.

I can't remember the last time a player has captured my attention for any sport as much as Tiger(and this household takes its sports quite seriously). I suppose I feel the same awe and inspiration that cycling fans feel when Lance Armstrong rounds a bend.

We'll be watching, Tiger, and waiting for you to make your big move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home