Thursday, November 23, 2006

Just Being Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! It's that one day out of the year to remember why we go to work all of the other days and what and WHO we're working so hard for all year round.

I try to be thankful every day, but sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the to do lists, deadlines and everyday challenges of being a human being in the year 2006.

I'm thankful that I have a loving family that forgives me for my impatience and stubborness and lets me just be me (warts and all).

I'm thankful for the chance to go to work every day and be creative. For a living. All the time. I've never been able to do that before this job and I don't forget that. EVER.

I'm thankful that although I have lots of parts I need to work on and improve, that I have all of my parts and that I'm in general good health.

I'm thankful that I have friends who want to hear from me, who enjoy my company and who listen when I need to bend their ear, virtual or otherwise.

And I'm especially thankful for the bluest of skies, the looming clouds, the light and refreshing rain and the trees, birds, butterflies, flowers and sunshine that I get to wake up to every day.

After just 36 years, I'm finally learning to appreciate the unpredictable nature of life. And that, as Martha would say, is a very good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home