Monday, December 18, 2006

Cankuhn's Tops for 2006: Best Ballpark Stop

BUSCH STADIUM (ST. LOUIS, MO)

Okay, we hit four different parks this year, so there really is a selection to choose from, but without question, I loved the new St. Louis Cardinals' Busch Stadium the most.

I'm an odd bird and actually enjoy our visits to the Trop here in the Tampa Bay area, but I realize it's not your typical stadium. We also visited the Marlins' stadium (aka Dolphin stadium) and while the fans were unbelievably loyal and stayed through the end of the game in spite of a huge loss courtesy of the visiting Astros, we were dying from the heat and the park felt like an old one. (But at least the seats were wider, helpful for fat-bottomed girls like myself!) And Kansas City's ballpark was terrific (loved the colorful fountains!) but it didn't really stand out beyond that one unique element.

But Busch...aah... the view of the city, the energy of the sold-out crowds and the veggie burger - hooray!! They help add to my positive feelings, but I think Busch reminded me a lot of one of my favorite ballpark experiences, Camden Yards in Baltimore.

Larry and I had an absolute blast - and the Cards even lost their butts to the Reds of all teams! But the experience was so worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home