Friday, December 22, 2006

Not Really Needing Even More Holiday Stress

I won't go into details because if I say too much, I'll say more than I probably should. But I was reminded today again (twice actually) that not everyone really appreciates the generosity I've demonstrated to them over the years. And by generosity, I mean more than just material things --- I mean friendship, thoughtfulness, attention and respect.

I'm finding that with some people, the more I give, the less I get --- on a regular basis. I don't give so I can get back. I sincerely do enjoy seeing people happy. Giving someone the perfect gift and watching that reaction --- or doing something for somebody that they either can't do for themselves or didn't think anyone knew they wanted... I love that stuff! It's like finding a hidden window to someone's happiness and you and only you figure out how to open it. I totally dig being that person to deliver the happiness. But every once in a while, it would be really nice to know that being thoughtful is appreciated--- is sharing a little time a lot to ask?

And so, I've made a decision with those particular folks. I'm tired of always being on the giving end. I have too many other people to care for, including myself, so that's it. I can't hold hands any longer, and I just won't bend anymore. I'm done.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger TtT1 said...

I agree. :) I love seeing the delight on people's faces when I give gifts. I recently got a SPOTTING SCOPE!!!! To watch birds!!!!! Yay. I must add more to my lonely Tookie blog, btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home