Saturday, January 26, 2008

January's Wine Of The Month

For those of you who dip into the lagoon often, you know that I have some "I Will" statements for 2008 (not to be confused with resolutions). I'm doing pretty well on most of them, but one of them is to try out one new wine every month which I haven't done yet.

So this month, I decided to try a popular wine that I've been meaning to explore for a while: California Zinfadel.


The verdict? I like it and was a little surprised. I'd had some not-so-pleasant taste tests with Merlot and Cabernet Savignon. I've since learned a little bit more about wine since then - that what you're eating along with the wine can have a major impact. And I've certainly developed some preferences for sweeter, fruitier wines - even borderline sparkling wines.

But I was knocked out by this wine's full aroma, smooth taste and how well it blended with the extra sharp cheese I was gnawing.

There are definitely wines I can drink alone, with nothing on my plate (Moscato, White Zin, Riesling), but this is one that with the right food accompanying it, is something I can seriously enjoy.

Thumbs up to California Zinfadel! Woo-hoo...one more wine to add to the list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home