Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A New Gig

I'm happy to report that I'm going to be wearing a new hat professionally speaking...or skirt.

My newspaper's owner Media General is launching a new product in April called skirt Magazine! It's a very successful magazine in other markets, originated in the Charleston area, but now Tampa Bay is lucky enough to launch its own local version of the sassy, snarky women's magazine. And I'm the new editor. (Can I hear a woo-hoo from the Lagooners out there?)



I cannot wait to get out into the area telling people about it, interviewing local superstars that no one knows about and unveiling this fresh, fun publication with real attitude.


This is definitely like nothing I've ever done before, like no other project I've gotten the opportunity to work on, let alone steer. I can't wait to get started!

I'll officially move into the new role in mid-Feb but I'm already working up ideas for content and developing an action plan.

Sigh. I've missed the joy of project management. This is going to be scary as hell but a blast, just the same.

More to come on this exciting venture very soon...

3 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger squeekandbud said...

That is fabulous...I know you'll do a great job. Seana

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo indeed! It is pretty well known here in Charleston! Good luck.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Chris Kuhn said...

Thanks so much, everybody! I really appreciate the good vibes and words of encouragement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home