Monday, February 11, 2008

February's Wine of the Month

I am continuing my mission to try new wines this year and since it's a new month, that means it's time to be adventurous once again.

This month's special wine? Pinot Noir.


I must say that I entered into the taste test a bit reluctant. I have not experienced much success with the reds but supposedly this one would be different. At least that's what I'd heard and read.

Last month, I enjoyed the pleasant surprise with California Zinfadel. How would Pinot Noir score in my book.

The verdict?

Not too bad. Sure, I prefer Pinot Grigio, but I must say that after a few sips with dinner, it grew on me. I can't imagine that on its own, without food to accompany it that this one would be a big hit. But with my crockpot veggies, salad and soy burger, it wasn't too bad. The rich cherry flavor was pretty bold and I like the full body of it. It wasn't quite so scary after all. Still, every day I come to appreciate more and more the whites which just resonate with me more. Perhaps that will change eventually. For now, I know what I like. But that doesn't mean I'll stop exploring.

Now what should I pick for March? Hmmm...

Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home