Saturday, February 09, 2008

February's Cocktail of the Month

Behold the Mojito.




If you've been following my progress with my New Year's "I Can' Statements for 2008, you know that I'm test-driving new wines and cocktails every month, introducing my palate to a plethora of exciting tastes, textures and tipsiness to new heights (or depths, depending on how much they knock me out, of course).

Last month, it was California Zinfadel and martinis (a hit and a miss, respectively). This month, I tapped into my buddy Amy's advice on a new drink in my stratosphere - the Mojito. Her brother started the business The Mojito Company, in fact.

Aah, the Mojito. A delicious blend of rum, bitters, sugar, mint, lime, club soda and ice.

I wish I had images of the momentous occasion but I'm happy to share the results of the big debut. And the verdict is?

DELICIOUS - refreshing - surprisingly sweet but not-too-sweet. And packing a sneaky little wallop that only came to visit when I rose from the table to move the glasses to the kitchen.

Thumbs up from this freshman indulger... and thanks, Amy and Chris, for going through the trouble and for sending me home with the personal muddler!
Or what looks like a combination of a bowling pin, potato masher and - ahem - "neck massager" all rolled into one.

It's a lot of work to prepare, but in the end, it was deliciously worth it! Ole!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home