Friday, December 01, 2006

Could It Be?

Is this really the holiday spirit I'm starting to feel?

Okay, you know I didn't greet this Christmas all too happily (see my earlier entry). First, I was just angry. Everyone in my neighborhood had put up their trees and outside decorations and it was only the day after Thanksgiving. Then I was anxious --- "Wait for me!" Now, I'm pumped and ready! Let's go...let's get festive!

Larry and I normally put up our decorations the first weekend of December if our schedule allows it and it looks like this year's calendar will. But I just can't get over how early everyone's talking Christmas this year. The stores had up displays before Halloween had even taken place.

But I'm actually looking forward to tonight. We will officially drag out the boxes of decorations and put the harvest theme away for another year. I love the look of the house at this time of year and I will miss it. Our home has so many golden and auburn tones throughout that it just really feels right at home in Fall's colors and decorations.

Still, I must move along with the rest of the world and acknowledge that the Christmas season is here.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Even my dog is ready for it, so I guess I'd better be, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home